Discover more from Tej Dosa
(List Of 18) 100x Actions
Not all actions are created equal. Some generate a 1x return, others a 10x return, and a few 100x. What are the 100x actions? Here they are...
Not all actions are created equal. Some deliver a 1x return, others a 10x return, and a few give you a 100x return.
What are the actions that give you a 100x return?
Well, besides the obvious (eat well, exercise, sleep well, meditate, visualize, be focused, do hard things, stay disciplined, avoid instant gratification, learn how to say no, learn how to say yes, confront your fears) … these actions vary for each person (more or less), but these are mine:
1. Two to four hours of uninterrupted writing time daily. When I’m writing, I’m living. When I’m not writing, I’m existing.
I’ve gone from main player to NPC.
Just going along with the motions and taking whatever comes my way instead of leveraging the power of words to actively create a new reality by writing new copy, content, brands, offers, ventures into existence.
Two hours of daily writing time at the bare minimum is needed.
2. Inner work aka working directly on your consciousness. This is by far the highest ROI action. Why? Most of the time we’re lost in the contents of life. But we never make contact with the container of life. By changing the container, all the contents (relationships, money, problems, etc.) transform by themselves.
It’s the one action that produces infinite returns.
Way I do this is largely through bioenergetics + inquiry. A very powerful and potent combo.
3. Avoiding the big three destructive forces: alcohol, drugs, pornography. These are little demons that latch onto you, lower your state of being, and suck your life force dry.
4. Keeping calories low throughout the day and eating a big 1200-1400 calorie feast for dinner. I’ve been doing this recently and it’s been a huge game changer (shout out Greg O’Gallagher).
Wake up, fast for the first four to five hours, drink a shake (or eat a banana/greek yogurt), eat a big feast for dinner (steak, potatoes, vegetables), eat a smaller meal after (eggs, avocados, maybe some fruit), drink some chamomile tea.
Benefits: CLEAN energy while working.
As a writer, the three highest ROI habits besides writing and reading daily are waking up early (before everybody else so you can write with no distractions), fasting (easier to get into and stay in deep flow when body is not worried about digesting food) and taking long walks in nature (for idea generation and observing the world).
Speaking of these habits, this is what brings us to the next few points.
5. Long daily walks in nature. I don’t walk for health reasons, I walk for creativity gains. Every day I go outside, pick a random direction, and walk. Then after 30 minutes, I turn back. Best times for a walk: Early afternoon so you can break the day into two.
6. Waking up at 5 am. Simply because you can get four hours of deep work done by 10 am. The feeling that comes from getting all your high ROI work done before most people start their work day is very addicting. Plus, I’ve tested this and the quality of work produced in those 4 hours is unlike any other time of day (for me).
7. Keeping your word. If you say it, you do it. This not only builds confidence, but also allows you to speak things into existence. The original definition of abracadabra was ‘I Create As I Speak’. But in order to do this, you first have to ensure your word carries weight. So view every day as an opportunity to build a stronger and stronger word and soon enough you can start to speak your dream life into existence.
8. Sensing, looking, listening (being present). If you’re not present to your life, you’re not living your life. Instead limiting identities from the past have overtaken you and are running the show for you. They’re building (destroying) your business for you, sexing your girlfriend for you, talking (arguing) to your loved ones for you, living (messing up) your life for you.
This is why most people look back at the end of the year and think: “Maaaaaaan, where the F did all that time go?”
The time didn’t go anywhere. It’s you that left the year and went elsewhere.
In order to buck this trend, I do a simple sensing practice throughout the day that keeps me grounded in my body and focused on the moment before me, so I’m not just living to get through a to-do list…
… but actually meeting the moment from the deepest and truest part of me which results in spontaneous insights and breakthroughs.
9. Open ended curiosity time. It’s easy to get trapped in habits and routines, but most breakthroughs will come from novelty – instead of what is familiar to you. As a result, I like to leverage open ended curiosity time daily where I’m simply free to follow my curiosity. Wherever my curiosity takes me is great. No agenda. Only peak childlike flow.
10. Taking 1 photo a day. The more you document life (for your own sake – no need to share it with anybody), the more inspired you become to live out an epic life. After all, if you start taking 1 photo a day to document your life and you look back 30 days later and all the photos are kind of bleh, you grow inspired to do something about it. In return, you start taking more risks, living more dangerously, and embracing the adventure of life in order to capture great moments.
By doing so, you live out a true adventure that otherwise you may not have. I originally got this idea from Hugh Hefner. He holds the record for largest scrapbook collection and would capture his life and file away the photos every Saturday. I could be wrong, but I believe this simple habit allowed him to truly live out a very unique existence. Give it a shot and see how it transforms your life.
11. Time blocking and setting themes. It’s hard to resist jumping on social media and checking your notifications if you have the app installed on your phone and can easily access the website. It’s easy to resist the temptation if you simply delete the app from your phone, install cold turkey, and block all distracting websites for the first 4-8 hours of the day.
Now you’re making technology work for you instead of against you. Leverage this. In addition to time blocking, setting themes is also another 100x action. It’s hard to get into flow when you’re jumping from one task to the next. It’s easy to get double the work done when you’re focusing on the same theme. You can either set themes by month, week, day or hour. Whatever works best for you.
12. Spending the first hour on revenue generating activities. 9/10 businesses fail because they run out of cash. In order to avoid this fate, it’s important that you make generating cash flow your number one priority.
With that stated, your number one priority should be executed first thing to start the work day because it’s the most important.
So start your day by spending the first hour on revenue generating activities and you’ll build up solid momentum and set a good pace for the rest of the day.
In the early days when I didn’t have a biz and was just starting out, I’d spend the first hour learning a revenue generating skill (copy). Then after a while, I would spend the first hour sending out outreach and getting clients. Then after a while, I would spend the first hour building out sales funnels for my own offers.
See how this works? Doesn’t matter what stage of the journey you’re at. Start the day with a revenue generating activity to prime your brain to focus on maximizing cash flow. Daily.
13. Pulling the future into the now. You don’t have to go anywhere to make your dreams come true. All you have to do is come back here, visualize who you desire to be, see this person clearly, infuse him/her into your current body with your current circumstances, and start living your life through his/her eyes in the here and now. This is how you bend reality and overcome the illusion of time.
14. Calling a loved one daily. We are eternal beings experiencing a finite existence. The truth of you and your loved ones can never die, but their character will definitely disappear in due time. With that noted, make it a priority to hit pause on the video game of life for 20 minutes or so and dial up the number of a loved one with no purpose, but to shoot the shit. This will renew your energy and put more heart back into your days.
15. Looms > Meetings. Meetings are a waste of time in the early days until you step into a manager role and are running a crew of people. What matters most in the early days is offers, sales and marketing. So be as anti-meeting as possible and leverage looms instead of meetings to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
I originally learned this early on from a client I worked for who was an absolute beast. Guy paid me multiple six figures over the course of our working relationship alone and I never spoke to this guy on the phone. Not even once. (I do the same with the freelancers that I work with. From video editors to copy guys. Here’s the brief. Here’s the deadline. Do your thing).
16. Remembering God. The greatest mistake I made was to take what my senses saw to be the truth of reality. It wasn’t the truth, but just my subjective view of the world based on past experiences. The more I cleaned up the past experiences, the clearer my view became until I started waking up to fundamental reality that exists beyond conditioned reality and that’s when I realized ‘THIS IS A GOD DREAM’ (Kanye Voice).
With that stated, it’s easy for me to get lost in conditioned reality with all the demands that business brings, so it’s crucially important to remember God/Truth all throughout and remind myself: What I see isn’t all there is to the beauty of life.
17. Tallying up the revenue from the day before. Where attention goes, energy flows. So if you put your attention on how much revenue you’re bringing in, you’ll have no choice, but to experience a gain in revenue (in due time).
18. Laughing like a mad man. If you ever listen to my podcast, you’ll notice that I’ll find any excuse to laugh. I don’t know why, but I’ve always done this because I believe life need not be a struggle, but a play for life is a stage and we’re all unpaid actors at the end of the day.
All there’s left to do now is: Pick one or two actions from the list above and experience the 100x returns for yourself?
Thanks for reading!